Monday, May 4, 2009

Tales from the Plague Year

My brother, who suffers from seasonal allergies, was at his job last week and he sneezed violently in front of a female customer who glared at him, a look of horror and revulsion on her face because she obviously thought he might have infected her with the flu. Not one to put up with ANY bullshit, my brother said to her, "I have ALLERGIES; there's no need to panic!" She retorted, "How would I know that? I don't want to take any chances!" After my brother told me of this incident, I told him that he should have come back with, "If you don't want to take any chances with contracting swine flu, then why are you out in public shopping in a furniture store? It's not like furniture is a necessity...if you're that paranoid, then stay the fuck home..."

And, two of the bloggers I follow daily, Michael K of Dlisted and Homer from Homer's World, are both down with the flu, though neither one has apparently gone to the doctor to have it confirmed. You can check out both their sites in my list of recommended websites over to your right. Wishing them both a speedy recovery.

No comments: