Friday, January 25, 2008

I don't have cable so it's not surprising I watch a lot of PBS..


but since the WGA Writer's Strike started, that's pretty much all I watch in the evenings if I'm not watching a DVD. Wednesday night there were two good shows on, the Pioneers of TV series and the Jewish-Americans series that is narrated by Liev Schreiber. Last night, Frontline did a show on kids and the Internet that was fascinating and it made me do a lot of thinking about how I use the Internet, even though I'm about the same age as most of the parents of the kids in the documentary. It made me realize that a lot of adults in their 30's and 40's, myself included, don't always behave that much differently or any more maturely than 17 and 18 year olds. So, I'm being reflective about my use of the Internet and not posting much today. I need to spend time this weekend focusing on some art/theatre projects of my own, instead of wasting all my time on the net....

Here's a link to the PBS/Frontline website: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kidsonline/

And here's a photo of Autumn Edows, one of the kids featured in the show and a link to her MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/autumnedows

No comments: