Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Stranger has an article about Viveza, a soon to close art gallery....





This led me to the Viveza website, which is still active, (http://www.viveza.com/) and some art I really like from Raymond Morrow. If you are interested in it, contact the gallery; I'm sure they'll keep the website active for awhile...It's sad when a gallery has to close, but the owner put $200k into it before giving up the ghost. Running a gallery, is incredibly demanding and getting it to be a profitable business enterprise, is just very difficult. I'm also kind of pleased that a couple artists that have shown with QArts, Michelle Salazar and Doughlas Remy, also showed work at Viveza and I HAVE a piece by Remy, (who works in glass; it's hard to describe and the only photograph I have is horrible, but his stuff is really interesting and beautiful), and I'd LIKE to have some pieces from Michelle, but I can't afford it; she's getting pretty pricey. Anyway, enjoy these pieces by Raymond Morrow.

No comments: