Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Stange(ways) but True...

A guy in a bigass Oldsmobile pulled up along side my car yesterday, rolled down the window, and bellowed to me, "Hey, dude; just thought you should know, one of your brake lights is out!" I stammered my thanks and the dude went on his way...this story doesn't seem that remarkable, or, for that matter, very interesting but I haven't mentioned the fact that the Good Samaritan in question had huge mutton chops, a pompadour and black aviator sunglasses...in short, it was an Elvis Fan/Impersonator apparently out for a leisurely drive on a gloriously beautiful winter afternoon. Well, that or perhaps it actually was The King...

So, once again: Thanks, Anonymous Elvis Man! You might have saved my life! Or at the very least, a traffic ticket!

(Note: how meta would it be to dress up like Elvis for Halloween and call yourself an Elvis Impersonator Impersonator?)

No comments: