Monday, February 2, 2009

Irritating....

My weekend was sort of a bust...got very little accomplished, someone I consider a friend really pissed me off, and I pulled a muscle in my back and I'm in considerable discomfort this morning. I've messed up my back before; it tends to go out every two or three years in varying degrees of unpleasantness. This time, using a 1 to 10 scale, it's only about a 4 but I'm paranoid it's going to ratchet up to a 9 which is what happened to me the last time my back went out, three years ago. That's how I lost my job at the effin' Seattle Times...my back went out and I missed a couple days and they canned me because I had missed too much work and was still in my probationary period. (and those two days were the only days I had missed, and to My Worst Enemy, it wasn't for any other reasons; in fact, I had gotten a commendation from my boss a couple weeks before my back went out...)

Soooo, I'm now debating on whether or not I should go the doctor to see if we can do anything to prevent my back from getting worse; hopefully a steroid shot, and a bottle of muscle relaxants...

No comments: