Monday, February 4, 2008

I saw Juno this weekend....

and it really irritated me; I wanted to walk out after the first 20 minutes or so... Don't get me wrong; I liked the story and I loved (most) of the performances but the fucking script.... I know most movie critics and movie snobs, myself included, continually bitch about the low level and poor execution of most film comedy scripts. By and large, most of them are stupid and insulting to the intelligence of the viewer. So, it's tough for me to say, Juno is almost as insulting for being so goddamned cutesy poo and clever about it's "smart" dialogue. I need to do some work, so I'm not going to belabor this point right now; eventually I'll write more about this and why it pissed me off so much and why this film does NOT deserve Oscar noms for the script or the direction or best film. But, I will reiterate my love for the actors in Juno; Ellen Page and Michael Cera and Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner and J.K. Simmons and Alison Janney are all great. Here's a couple pix, including shots from two scenes I did NOT like...

I LOATHED THIS SCENE...phony and fake in every regard.



Nobody eats lunch this way...odd directorial choice to stage the scene like this...

No comments: