Monday, February 18, 2008

On a more serious note...the photography of Lyle Owerko from 9/11


He has a piece at Fecal Face called "The Day That No Birds Sang" with words and pictures. See it here: http://www.fecalface.com/SF/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1010&Itemid=92

Everytime I see these images I get emotional. I don't see how you could not. I don't think it's a good idea to dwell on these images or to wallow in them but it's also important to not forget them either. And it does serve as a reality check to remind us to not bitch too much about the shitty mundane realities of life.

I'm reproducing one of the tamer ones here, (tamer in the sense that there's more distance between the lense and the jumper; the ones that are closer in focus are harder to look at, for obvious reasons.)

No comments: